Research | Facilities-Supported
- Aytar, B. S., J. P. E. Muller, S. Golan, Y. Kondo, Y. Talmon, N. L. Abbott and D. M. Lynn, "Chemical oxidation of a redox-active, ferrocene-containing cationic lipid: Influence on interactions with DNA and characterization in the context of cell transfection," Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 387 56-64 (2012).
- Azarin, S. M., E. A. Larson, J. M. Almodovar-Cruz, J. J. de Pablo and S. P. Palecek, "Effects of 3D microwell culture on growth kinetics and metabolism of human embryonic stem cells," Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry 59(2) 88-96 (2012).
- Azarin, S. M., X. J. Lian, E. A. Larson, H. M. Popelka, J. J. de Pablo and S. P. Palecek, "Modulation of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in human embryonic stem cells using a 3-D microwell array," Biomaterials 33(7) 2041-2049 (2012).
- Bai, Y. Q. and N. L. Abbott, "Enantiomeric Interactions between Liquid Crystals and Organized Monolayers of Tyrosine-Containing Dipeptides," Journal of the American Chemical Society 134(1) 548-558 (2012).
- Buck, M. E. and D. M. Lynn, "Azlactone-functionalized polymers as reactive platforms for the design of advanced materials: Progress in the last ten years," Polymer Chemistry 3(1) 66-80 (2012).
- Cardiel, A. C., M. C. Benson, L. M. Bishop, K. M. Louis, J. C. Yeager, Y. Z. Tan and R. J. Hamers, "Chemically Directed Assembly of Photoactive Metal Oxide Nanoparticle Heterojunctions via the Copper-Catalyzed Azide-Alkyne Cycloaddition "Click" Reaction," Acs Nano 6(1) 310-318 (2012).
- Carlton, R. J., J. K. Gupta, C. L. Swift and N. L. Abbott, "Influence of Simple Electrolytes on the Orientational Ordering of Thermotropic Liquid Crystals at Aqueous Interfaces," Langmuir 28(1) 31-36 (2012).
- Carlton, R. J., C. D. Ma, J. K. Gupta and N. L. Abbott, "Influence of Specific Anions on the Orientational Ordering of Thermotropic Liquid Crystals at Aqueous Interfaces," Langmuir 28(35) 12796-12805 (2012).
- Hernandez, S. I., J. A. Moreno-Razo, A. Ramirez-Hernandez, E. Diaz-Herrera, J. P. Hernandez-Ortiz and J. J. de Pablo, "Liquid crystal nanodroplets, and the balance between bulk and interfacial interactions," Soft Matter 8(5) 1443-1450 (2012).
- Iglesias, W., N. L. Abbott, E. K. Mann and A. Jakli, "Improving Liquid-Crystal-Based Biosensing in Aqueous Phases," Acs Applied Materials & Interfaces 4(12) 6883-6889 (2012).
- Imhoff, S. D., J. Ilavsky, F. Zhang, P. Jemian, P. G. Evans and J. H. Perepezko, "Kinetic transition in the growth of Al nanocrystals in Al-Sm alloys," Journal of Applied Physics 111(6) 9 (2012).
- Jacobsen, H., B. Puchala, T. F. Kuech and D. Morgan, "Ab initio study of the strain dependent thermodynamics of Bi doping in GaAs," Physical Review B 86(8) 10 (2012).
- Johnson, P. S., P. L. Cook, X. S. Liu, W. L. Yang, Y. Q. Bai, N. L. Abbott and F. J. Himpsel, "Imide Photodissociation Investigated by X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy," Journal of Physical Chemistry B 116(24) 7048-7054 (2012).
- Kim, T., T. J. Garrod, K. Kim, J. Lee, L. J. Mawst, T. Kuech, S. LaLumondiere, Y. Sin, W. Lotshaw and S. Moss (2012). Characteristics of bulk InGaAsN and InGaAsSbN material grown by metal organic vapor phase epitaxy (MOVPE) for solar cell application. SPIE OPTO, International Society for Optics and Photonics.
- Kim, T. W., T. J. Garrod, K. Kim, J. J. Lee, S. D. LaLumondiere, Y. Sin, W. T. Lotshaw, S. C. Moss, T. F. Kuech, R. Tatavarti and L. J. Mawst, "Narrow band gap (1 eV) InGaAsSbN solar cells grown by metalorganic vapor phase epitaxy," Applied Physics Letters 100(12) 4 (2012).
- Kim, Y. K., B. Senyuk and O. D. Lavrentovich, "Molecular reorientation of a nematic liquid crystal by thermal expansion," Nature Communications 3 (2012).
- Kirley, M. P., B. Novakovic, N. Sule, M. J. Weber, I. Knezevic and J. H. Booske, "Effect of sputtered lanthanum hexaboride film thickness on field emission from metallic knife edge cathodes," Journal of Applied Physics 111(6) (2012).
- Lavrentovich, O. D., "Confocal Fluorescence Microscopy," Characterization of Materials (2012).
- Lavrentovich, O. D., "Looking at the world through liquid crystal glasses," Multi-scale and high-contrast PDE: from modelling, to mathematical analysis, to inversion 577 25-46 (2012).
- Lee, Y. L. and D. Morgan, "Ab initio and empirical defect modeling of LaMnO3 +/-delta for solid oxide fuel cell cathodes," Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 14(1) 290-302 (2012).
- Liu, Y., D. M. Cheng, I. H. Lin, N. L. Abbott and H. R. Jiang, "Microfluidic sensing devices employing in situ-formed liquid crystal thin film for detection of biochemical interactions," Lab on a Chip 12(19) 3746-3753 (2012).
- Lowe, A. M. and N. L. Abbott, "Liquid Crystalline Materials for Biological Applications," Chemistry of Materials 24(5) 746-758 (2012).
- Mawst, L., D. Botez and T. Kuech (2012). Metamorphic buffer layers for mid-infrared emitting semiconductor lasers. Optoelectronic and Microelectronic Materials & Devices (COMMAD), 2012 Conference on, IEEE.
- Moreno-Razo, J. A., E. J. Sambriski, N. L. Abbott, J. P. Hernandez-Ortiz and J. J. de Pablo, "Liquid-crystal-mediated self-assembly at nanodroplet interfaces," Nature 485(7396) 86-89 (2012).
- Muller, J. P. E., B. S. Aytar, Y. Kondo, D. M. Lynn and N. L. Abbott, "Incorporation of DOPE into lipoplexes formed from a ferrocenyl lipid leads to inverse hexagonal nanostructures that allow redox-based control of transfection in high serum," Soft Matter 8(24) 6608-6619 (2012).
- Paoprasert, P., S. Kandala, D. P. Sweat, R. Ruther and P. Gopalan, "Versatile grafting chemistry for creation of stable molecular layers on oxides," Journal of Materials Chemistry 22(3) 1046-1053 (2012).
- Park, H. S. and O. D. Lavrentovich (2012). CARS Microscopy Study of Liquid Crystals. Coherent Raman Scattering Microscopy. J. X. Cheng and X. S. Xie, CRC Press/Taylor & Francis Group, LLC: 457-478.
- Ramayya, E. B., L. N. Maurer, A. H. Davoody and I. Knezevic, "Thermoelectric properties of ultrathin silicon nanowires," Physical Review B 86(11) 11 (2012).
- Renner, L. D. and D. B. Weibel, "MinD and MinE Interact with Anionic Phospholipids and Regulate Division Plane Formation in Escherichia coli," Journal of Biological Chemistry 287(46) 38835-38844 (2012).
- Schulte, K. L., W. L. Rance, R. C. Reedy, A. J. Ptak, D. L. Young and T. F. Kuech, "Controlled formation of GaAs pn junctions during hydride vapor phase epitaxy of GaAs," Journal of Crystal Growth 352(1) 253-257 (2012).
- Singh, S., M. Chopra and J. J. de Pablo, "Density of States-Based Molecular Simulations," Annual Review of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Vol 3 3 369-394 (2012).
- Sule, N. and I. Knezevic, "Phonon-limited electron mobility in graphene calculated using tight-binding Bloch waves," Journal of Applied Physics 112(5) (2012).
- Tan, L. N., V. J. Orler and N. L. Abbott, "Ordering Transitions Triggered by Specific Binding of Vesicles to Protein-Decorated Interfaces of Thermotropic Liquid Crystals," Langmuir 28(15) 6364-6376 (2012).
- Tomar, V., S. I. Hernandez, N. L. Abbott, J. P. Hernandez-Ortiz and J. J. de Pablo, "Morphological transitions in liquid crystal nanodroplets," Soft Matter 8(33) 8679-8689 (2012).
- Tucker, M. H., A. J. Crisci, B. N. Wigington, N. Phadke, R. Alamillo, J. P. Zhang, S. L. Scott and J. A. Dumesic, "Acid-Functionalized SBA-15-Type Periodic Mesoporous Organosilicas and Their Use in the Continuous Production of 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural," Acs Catalysis 2(9) 1865-1876 (2012).
- Xiang, J. and O. D. Lavrentovich, "Liquid Crystal Structures for Transformation Optics," Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals 559 106-114 (2012).
- Zhou, S., Y. A. Nastishin, M. Omelchenko, L. Tortora, V. Nazarenko, O. Boiko, T. Ostapenko, T. Hu, C. Almasan and S. Sprunt, "Elasticity of lyotropic chromonic liquid crystals probed by director reorientation in a magnetic field," Physical review letters 109(3) 037801 (2012).
- Broderick, A. H., M. R. Lockett, M. E. Buck, Y. Yuan, L. M. Smith and D. M. Lynn, "In situ Synthesis of Oligonucleotide Arrays on Surfaces Coated with Crosslinked Polymer Multilayers," Chemistry of Materials 24(5) 938-945 (2012).
- Broderick, A. H. and D. M. Lynn (2012). Covalent Layer-by-Layer Assembly Using Reactive Polymers. Functional Polymers by Post-Polymerization Modification: Concepts, Practical Guidelines, and Applications. P. Theato and H. A. Klok. New York, Wiley-VCH: 371-406.
- Broderick, A. H., U. Manna and D. M. Lynn, "Covalent Layer-by-Layer Assembly of Water-Permeable and Water-Impermeable Polymer Multilayers on Highly Water-Soluble and Water-Sensitive Substrates," Chemistry of Materials 24(10) 1786-1795 (2012).
- Cho, E., A. Brown and T. F. Kuech, "Chemical Characterization of DNA-Immobilized InAs Surfaces Using X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy and Near-Edge X-ray Absorption Fine Structure," Langmuir 28(32) 11899-11907 (2012).
- Cho, E., E. N. Yitamben, E. V. Iski, N. P. Guisinger and T. F. Kuech, "Atomic-Scale Investigation of Highly Stable Pt Clusters Synthesized on a Graphene Support for Catalytic Applications," Journal of Physical Chemistry C 116(49) 26066-26071 (2012).
- Dedigama, A., M. Angelo, P. Torrione, T. H. Kim, S. Wolter, W. Lampert, A. Atewologun, M. Edirisoorya, L. Collins, T. F. Kuech, M. Losurdo, G. Bruno and A. Brown, "Hemin-Functionalized InAs-Based High Sensitivity Room Temperature NO Gas Sensors," Journal of Physical Chemistry C 116(1) 826-833 (2012).
- Efremov, M. Y., A. V. Kiyanova, J. Last, S. S. Soofi, C. Thode and P. F. Nealey, "Glass transition in thin supported polystyrene films probed by temperature-modulated ellipsometry in vacuum," Physical Review E 86(2) (2012).
- Lo, J. Y., S. Dhar, B. Yu, M. A. Brooke, T. F. Kuech, N. M. Jokerst and N. Ramanujam (2012). Diffuse reflectance spectral imaging for breast tumor margin assessment. SPIE BiOS, International Society for Optics and Photonics.
- Mahathaninwong, N., Y. Zhou, S. Babcock, T. Plookphol, J. Wannasin and S. Wisutmethangoon, "Creep rupture behavior of semi-solid cast 7075-T6 Al alloy," Materials Science and Engineering: A 556 107-113 (2012).
- Paulson, C. A., S. Jha, X. Song, M. Rathi, S. E. Babcock, L. Mawst and T. F. Kuech, "The effect of helium ion implantation on the relaxation of strained InGaAs thin films," Thin Solid Films 520(6) 2147-2154 (2012).
- Stava, E., M. R. Yu, H. C. Shin, H. Shin, J. Rodriguez and R. H. Blick, "Mechanical actuation of ion channels using a piezoelectric planar patch clamp system," Lab on a Chip 12(1) 80-87 (2012).
- Tocce, E. J., A. H. Broderick, K. C. Murphy, S. J. Liliensiek, C. J. Murphy, D. M. Lynn and P. F. Nealey, "Functionalization of reactive polymer multilayers with RGD and an antifouling motif: RGD density provides control over human corneal epithelial cell-substrate interactions," Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A 100A(1) 84-93 (2012).
Wiedmann, M. K., D. H. K. Jackson, Y. J. Pagan-Torres, E. Cho, J. A. Dumesic and T. F. Kuech, "Atomic layer deposition of titanium phosphate on silica nanoparticles," Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A 30(1) (2012).
back to top