MRSEC Scholarship for Undergraduate International Research Experiences
Eligibility Criteria: UW-Madison degree-seeking undergraduate students currently performing or interested in materials science research and nominated as participants for the CityU Hong Kong Summer Exchange Program, the TiTech SERP program, the TiTech Summer Program, or the NUS SERIUS program. Prior research experience is required. Prior study of Chinese (CityU HK) or Japanese (TiTech) language is not required. Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
How to apply:
- Send application materials (see below) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship application deadlines:
|Tokyo Institute of Technology – SERP||January 2, 2017||x|
|Tokyo Institute of Technology – Summer Program||January 6, 2017||x|
|City University of Hong Kong||January 13, 2017||x||x*|
|National University of Singapore||January 20, 2017||x||x*|
Anticipated Scholarship amount and number per program
|Tokyo Institute of Technology – SERP||up to 3 at $5,000 each|
|Tokyo Institute of Technology – Summer Program||up to 2 at $5,000 each|
|City University of Hong Kong||up to 2 at $5,000 each|
|National University of Singapore||up to 10 at $5,000 each|
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Short Answer Questions
Please include the answers to these questions in your application packet:
1. What summer research program are you planning to attend? (You may indicate interest in more than one program)
2. Please provide the name of the UW-Madison faculty member whose lab you are working in. (If applicable)
Short Essay Questions
Please answer the following essay questions and include in your application packet (Please limit each response to ≤ 1/3 page in length):
1. Describe your prior/current research experience.
2. What are your reasons for participating in an international summer research program?
3. What are your career goals?
Please include an updated curriculum vitae or resume as part of your application packet.
Please include your official academic transcript as part of the application packet.
Additional materials for Tokyo Tech SERP Nomination
If you wish to be considered for the Tokyo Tech SERP summer research program, please also include the following with your scholarship application materials:
1. List of three professors you would like to be supervised by at Tokyo Tech,
2. Statement of research intention under each selected supervisor.
Tokyo Tech professors can be identified using the Star Search System: http://search.star.titech.ac.jp/titech-ss/lang.act?forward=search.act&lang=en
Additional materials for Tokyo Tech Summer Program nomination
If you wish to be considered for the Tokyo Tech Summer Program, please also include the following with your scholarship application materials:
1. Proposed research project topic, and
2. Possible academic supervisor at Tokyo Tech.
A list of possible host labs is available at: http://www.ipo.titech.ac.jp/summer_program_list/